My first pull of the latex head piece was better than I thought (my expectations were low) I used "formgummi" from Panduro. I used ca 0,5 liter for the first pull, and will use a little more for touch ups and making it seamless when attached to my head.
To fill up the space in the tentacles I willed them with cotton and painted a coat of latex over. This will help keep them in shape. For areas the need reinforcement I embedded paper towels in the liquid latex (which added thickness e.g. the neck)
As you peel of the pull brush more powder on the outside
First pull, no adjustments. It looks as though my Liara have been in a lot of battles, I will have to do touch up with latex and brush. And I want to try to get the scale pattern more prominent.
Close up you can see a hint of scaling.
This is what a couple of years of cosplay preactice does. This one is painted using PAX, which is acrylic paint mixed with pros aide glue (50/50). It will not peel off and you can easily mix the color you need.
When the base coat of PAX is on I thinnes out acrylic paint with alcohol and shaded and detailed the head piece. Hoping to make a video of this later.
Here is the tutorial for how to put it on and paint your face.
Next post will show the finished costume.