mandag 10. juni 2013

Build Vi goggles, simple walkthrough

How to go from this generic punk goggles to a pair good enough for Vi herself, in this tutorial I will cover how to build Vi goggles. For the other tutorials click here. 

There aren't that many good photos of the goggles I want to make (since as always the in game model is different)


But this lovely pair made by Vensy Meow on etsy made everything much easier for me.

Goggles by Vensy Meow

I wanted my glasses to be cheap and quick to make. So I started out with the most generic "punk" goggles you can find on ebay, added some paper clay, sanded it down and painted it gold.

Paper clay


Remove the padding (it was too big). Add some smaller padding and paint the outer edges black.







There are still some detailing and last touches needed, but this is roughly how I did it. (yes, I got gold paint on the lenses, derp). But that gold mist can be removed with nail polish remover, see result under:


11 kommentarer:

  1. Your goggles turned out looking awesome! I'm glad my design was able to help you! :) I love your whole costume, great work!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi! So cool that you have found my blog. Yes, thank you for your great inspiration, your work is flawless <3

      Slett
  2. So easily wonderful! NEVER would have thought you used paper clay!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I surprised of how well it worked my self. I have even dropped them on the floor and thay are still OK :D

      Slett
  3. Hey, how did u get the lenses blueish? They came clear, didn't they?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I only used watered out acrylic paint. Added a little extra around the edges :)

      Slett
  4. What did you use for the smaller padding?

    SvarSlett
  5. Amazing post. Great blog just loves to read it. It has the great collection which looks just cool. For Polarized Running Sunglasses one can search in online.

    SvarSlett
  6. What did you use to sand the clay? I'm thinking of making my own pair!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi, as it was paper clay I used normal sand paper (400 grit I think) :)

      Slett