torsdag 1. mai 2014

Adjutant head piece

I have wanted to make an Adjutant cosplay for ages, and finally I figured that I would try. 

Other tutorials you can find here: Back/chest armor, shoulder armor and other parts

First off: the head piece. 

I started with a Styrofoam head and covered it with worbla, then I had a base to add other details on. Because I'm cheap I use a base of cardboard for some of my details instead of double worbla layer or craft foam core. 

Then I slowly add details. 




And this is how I made the "Mohawk". A cardboard stencil

Covered in worbla and folded


Then the edges are folded in. 

And the Mohawk suddenly appeared. 



"Earbuds"


More details and tubes. 




And even more details. 




The mic ready with lights (but no sound).


First layer of Gesso


And some silver paint. 

And some detail paint

Adding some lights and the rest of the tubes and we are ready to go. Here you see the jar with threads on the end, so the tubes can be screwed into the back armor. Here it is sadly a little broken after transportation. 

Close up of the threads. 


Details



I couldn't make out what it was written on the ear pieces so I decided to put down CHRIX12 instead (12th is my birthday)





And this is how the head piece looks when it is blended with the gelatin forehead.
Photo by Pål Andresen

A few more angles for you
Photo by Pål Andresen

Photo by Pål Andresen 

 Photo by Pål Andresen

4 kommentarer:

  1. Wow .. so many details. Very nice work!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you. Took forever to actually see the details in the photos. Even now I find more details when studying the reference. But I'm so happy with the way it turned out. ^^

      Slett
  2. daaaaaaaamn that is the best cosplay i have ever seen. i have a page on facebook for cosplay lovers and i will be sharing a link to this page eventually. this is beyond flawless. check out my page sometime at https://www.facebook.com/cosplayandanimeconlovers

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you ^_^ You are welcome to share my work, just remember to credit me and the photographers.

      Slett