onsdag 16. november 2016

Bombshell Wonder Woman

There was something about the design of this Wonder Woman that caught my attention. She's sexy, but not vulgar and has a kick ass attitude. It also seemed fairly simple, making it a perfect Sunday outfit for a convention.
Official art from DC Comics. 

Bandanna
The head band was just sewed from two pieces on interfaced cotton, with the red star sewed on. The stars are embroidered appliques I found in Japan. 

Shirt
I had an old red shirt which I never use (expect this one time when i cosplayed Poison Ivy). So I added a white collar and an emblem in front to change it into my wonder woman shirt. 


Emblem was made by sewing red stretch fabric over a yellow felt piece.  





Shorts
Shorts were sewn from a modified Burda pattern, with zipper in the back.


Belt 
The belt buckle was laser cut from plywood. Glued together with wood glue, spray painted, airbrushed and highlighted. It is attached to a elastic belt. 


Bracers
I made a vector file with the pattern for the bracers and then laser cut it into worbla. 



The worbla was wrapped around a foam piece.

Heated to shape


Silver basecoat.


And black acrylic weathering. 


Shoes
I actually had the perfect shoes for this cosplay, except they were white. I have never tried to dye shoes before and took this as a challenge. My first attempt was with synthetic leather spray color. Too bad one can wasn't enough. Good news, the color held really well once applied. 




I finished the coloring with my airbrush and acrylic paint. The white parts were glued on.  


The final look




6 kommentarer:

  1. Great job on this costume!

    I do wonder though, regarding laser cutting, what kind of equipment is needed? It seems like a godsend for cosplayers but I bet it's something pretty hardcore and/or expensive to actually buy...?

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I am part of a makerspace workshop, and they have a lasercutter. So if there are any of those around where you live, then that is way cheaper and you don't have to do maintenance yourself :)

      Slett
  2. Lovely job on this costume, especially the laser work pieces. So well done and looks beautiful. :)

    If I may ask though, where did you get the leather spray paint from? I've been looking at a number of different leather spray paint brands, in hopes to find a specific color, and I'm curious to see if the brand of spray paint you used has the color I'm searching for.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you. I got this spray can from Okadaya in Shinjuku Tokyo (Japan). The brands is SOMAY-Q, maybe you can fine it online?

      Slett
    2. Thanks for the help. :)

      Slett